Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 7: Rome

How many people can say that they went to Rome? My teammates and I can now say that we have. Having a chance of a lifetime in front of us, we did not waste any time in seeing the key spots while in Rome. We were able to see the Coliseum, the ancient Forum, and other beautiful sites and buildings that comprise Roman history and architecture. I personally loved the the Coliseum and the stories that go with it. Being able to look down from the 2nd level of the Coliseum and take the pictures I took will be something I will never forget. I also do not want to forget to mention how much I love the food and desserts that Italy offers. Some of the portions are a little smaller than I am used to, but I am definitely managing. Coming to Rome was icing on the cake for me as to why I chose to come on this trip. The whole trip has been an unbelievable opportunity that will allow me to have a different view/perspective on life forever.


~written by Gabe Washington, recent grad/alum/linebacker

No comments:

Post a Comment